(Image Courtesy: moedict.tw)
Hello everyone, I’m Jheng Wei-Ciao from Monkey Potion, a Taiwan based independent game studio. You might wonder where “Taiwan” is. To many westerners not familiar with this country’s geography, Taiwan is often mistaken for Thailand, and vice versa. Taiwan (formerly known as Formosa) is located in the Pacific Ocean off the southeast coast of mainland China with the Taiwan Strait in between. It is a beautiful island nation with more than 23 million residents.
Over the past decade, MMOs certainly had their glory days here in Asia. At the time, many Korean, Chinese, and Taiwanese game companies were founded, aiming to develop MMOs and successfully made a hit. Through the last couple of years, there was a tendency towarding creating web-based games and Facebook games. Nowadays MMOs have gone out of fashion, and the prevalence in gaming markets has shifted to mobile platforms.
As you know, China is a huge thriving market growing insanely fast. Although the ARPU in China may not be so good as in USA, downloads from China on App Store has reached world #1. So if you want to go global, you should seriously consider localizing your games into Simplified Chinese to have a better chance to acquire users in China.
What about other Chinese-speaking areas, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, where people use Traditional Chinese rather than Simplified Chinese? You might claim to deliver a Simplified Chinese version would be sufficient to cater to all Chinese-speaking users. But it is actually not.
We are Monkey Potion studio. Our second game project is a fantasy-themed turn-based RPG. It’s still in the concept stage of development. We’re experimenting with various art styles to see what is the best fit for this game.
Which art style would you like to see and play in a turn-based mobile RPG? Please cast your vote.
UPDATE: We’ve made the decision. Time to start making an awesome game. Much appreciated for all of you!
Jade Ninja 2.2 is out now! We finally managed to add the iCloud support and fixed minor usability issue.
Also we localized the game description in French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish on iTunes. Now you can read the game description in 10 different languages if you can!
Jade Ninja is a COMBAT CENTRIC game, not a me-too obstacle evasion endless runner. So don’t have a wrong expectation with Jade Ninja. There’re exciting news on the way. Fellow ninja, stay tuned!
Hi fellow ninjas!
We’re excited to bring you the new icon and the new Daily Challenge Mode in the latest update of Jade Ninja.
What’s new in version 2.1:
NEW DAILY CHALLENGE MODE
- Unlock the first stage in Shadow Mode to unlock Daily Challenge Mode
- Log in Game Center to play
- Challenge once a day
- Sudden death: one life point only
- Free HEAD START
- Get 2x GOLD & COIN from treasure boxes
- Check out your ranking in the Daily Challenge Distance leaderboard
NEW CHARACTER “WARLORD”
- He has higher dodge rates than any other character in normal status. When his life is low, he will turn into “berserker” to gain 3x critical rate and 2x dodge rates.
NEW MIGHTY WEAPONS
- Upgradable Lv13 Katana “Light Saber”
- Upgradable Lv13 Blade “Bloody Chainsaw”
- Upgradable Lv13 Spear “Holy Spear”
- Adjust the value and price for high level weapons
FREE GOLD/COIN CAT
- Find the “Ninja Cat” hiding in the game, and you will have a chance to get FREE golds & coins!
NEW BEST DEAL ITEM
- It includes the legendary thief, 80 golds and 20,000 coins — the best deal for novice ninjas!
NEW HUGE CHEST OF COINS
- Exchange golds for 200,000 coins for your convenience
IOS 7 FULLY OPTIMIZATION
- Fix some minor usability issue
- Improve game performance
If you love Jade Ninja, please help us by rating it 5 stars and leave your comments on App Store.
You may send us your opinion to support [at] monkeypotion.com if you want to talk to Master Tao. Any suggestion and feedback is welcome. We seriously take care of all feedback and always reply each mail we got. We will work hard to bring you more challenging and interesting contents in the near future.
Thank you for all your support!
This is a turn-based strategy/RPG hybrid game we’re now working on. It is still in the very early stage of development and everything is subject to change. So, please don’t hesitate to tell us what you think.
Jade Ninja has been featured as “Best New Games” on App Store in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia & 10+ countries!
It’s a great honor to be selected as one of the Best New Games by Apple iTunes Store. Thank you for all your support from Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, Italy, USA & Taiwan! We will keep on bringing you more contents!
Jade Ninja has been featured as “Made in Taiwan Games” on App Store!
And it has been picked as one of the “Available in Chinese” featured games!
What’s upcoming in the next update (v2.1):
- Daily Challenge Mode
- New character: The Great Warlord
- New purchasable and upgradable items
- New “Starter Kit” purchasable item
Download Jade Ninja for FREE: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jade-ninja/id515797882?mt=8
“Don’t run. Protect.”
Someone suggested that the Boss Fights in Jade Ninja are too hard to play. Yes, we admit the fights are really tough, but not impossible. The first video shows how you can beat the first boss “Shadow Ninja” with Lv6 weapons, even when you have only 1 life point left you can still win!
- Katana Lv6
- Blade Lv6
- Spear Lv6
- Scroll of Life
- Scroll of Energy
- Jade of Rage
To beat the Boss “Greedy Officer”, you have to slashing enemies more carefully because he will call a group of innocent people out when he is harmed.
What does it look like when you reach over 10,000m in Jade Ninja? 10K run is not impossible. It is the beginning of way of Tao.
Listen the Original Sound Tracks on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/monkeypotion
Hey Ninjas! We’re so proud to bring you the awesome original sound tracks in Jade Ninja:
All music and sound effects in Jade Ninja are created and produced by Ice Bird Studio.
Although I dig all of these great BGMs, my personal favorite is Stage 3: Ghost Raid. Which one do you dig?
Jade Ninja is an action arcade game featuring Japanese-style stages and settings released on iOS. By illustrating some examples of the design of Jade Ninja, I would like to share my thoughts about how to successfully create enemy characters for a combat-intense game and hopefully it could bring inspiration for your game.
First of all, let me give you some basic ideas about the gameplay of Jade Ninja. It is an endless runner game, however, different from the typical runner games you know, such as Temple Run or Jetpack Joyride. Although they are awesome games, Jade Ninja is nothing like them. In most endless runner games, players play the role as the protagonist who evades obstacles to escape from danger. In Jade Ninja, however, you play the role as the protector who must defend the protagonist, Ninja Girl, from chasing troops, which means that Jade Ninja is a combat-centric game, rather than an evasion-focused game. The most crucial key in a combat-centric game is the design of weapon and enemy. People loves utilizing mighty weapons, as long as there are various challenging enemies for them to deal with.
In Jade Ninja, enemy units will be chasing from behind and players have to eliminate enemies by swiping fingers on them, however if players adopt the same strategy as they did in Fruit Ninja, they would simply swipe arbitrarily to stop enemies, and which will result in becoming a boring game. To illustrate the high precision skills of Ninja, we introduced the energy mechanism which means each swiping will cost energy points, and players can’t issue any attack once energy goes down to zero. As you can imagine, a real ninja must act wisely, attack precisely and manage his/her energy carefully.
After a very long wait, Jade Ninja 2.0 has finally arrived!
What’s new in this version:
- UNIVERSAL SUPPORT
- Now you can enjoy slashing enemies on your iPhones & iPads!
- BOSS BATTLES
- 5 bosses are waiting for your challenge in Shadow Mode. Can you defeat them all?
- NEW STORYLINE
- Enter Dojo and Shadow Mode to watch the story!
- NEW CHARACTER
- A legendary thief who can get 3x coins from enemy drop, better chance to get golds when picking rewards and higher dodge rate against any attack
- NEW JADE
- Jade of Protection: it can protect innocent people from hurt, reduce all damages by half & increase dodge rate against any attack
- NEW LEADERBOARDS
- Add 2 new Game Center leaderboards including “Lifetime Distances” and “Bosses Hunted”. Who can rank Top 10?
- MINOR UPDATES
- Combo effects can push all enemies back for a short distance
- Add one new enemy: Fire Skull
- Scroll effects can coexist now
- Increase the power of blades
- Increase the power and critical rate of spears
- Increase the max energy for all characters
- SECRET MISSION
- There is one secret ninja hiding in the game. Can you find her?
iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jade-ninja/id515797882?mt=8